Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Queen B Tells the World to Bow Down


And cues us in on her true colors, which is the lion king mane she's been rocking since 95.

Beyonce - Bow Down Lyrics
Look at All My Trophies!


Beyonce' once again gives us a mediocre song full of bragging and basically tells her followers that we should adore, worship, admire and envy her life. All the while she repeats the same line over and over, which seems to be a trend of the day... Here is the "song" in it's entirety...


undefined
How Dare I Pretend to be Elizabeth I, She Could Speak English



I'm at that H town, coming, coming down, im coming down
Get it on the ground
H town, im coming down, coming down
Get it on the ground

I know when you were little girls
You grabbed a bee-ing in my world
Dont forget it, dont forget it
Respect that, bow down, b-tches

I took some time to live my life
(not long enough, apparently)
But don’t think I’m just his little wife (what when you finally admitted you two got married, hey no one is jealous you got the camel, all we want is the bank roll)
Dont get it twisted, get it twisted
This my sh-t
(what?! tell us, what is your shit? You have described nothing at all)

Bow down, b-tches
Bow down, b-tches
Bow down, b-tches
Bow down, b-tches

H-town b-tches, H-H-town b-tches

I’m so crowned, bow, bow down b-tches
(Crowned must be code for stoned, b/c she had to he high when she wrote/ stole this track)

Im at that H town, coming, coming down, im coming down
Get it on the ground


This is Rihanna, Taylor Swift simplistic in terms of lyrical content. I have made fun of the song that Beyonce' had, "irreplaceable", where she laughably rhymes minute with minute, but this is beyond stupid. Wait...wasn't she on Michelle Obama's nuts, sending fifth grade level love letters about how she was a great example for America and her daughter. Isn't crap like this a contradiction? Beyonce' has never been a true advocate of female empowerment, let's get that straight. One has to be smart, which clearly Beyonce is not, make a real contribution to human history and actually understand that female empowerment is not booty popping in hot pants. It seems that Beyonce' who refers to herself as a feminist doesn't seem to know the definition of the word. After the idiotic "Who Run the World", which is was discovered after some sleuthing, that girls do not run the world, that fact alone should've clued everyone in on not to listen to this girl about anything other than singing. 

While many of her fans are celebrating the song as playful and innovative (they have to be the dumbest fans on the face of the earth to think this is anything but reductive), the lyrics are in direct contrast to past statements she has made about wanting to inspire other women to enter and be successful in the music industry. She once said, "When I was younger I wish I had more females who played instruments to look up to.... I just wanted to do something which would inspire other young females to get involved in music so I put together an all-woman band.” 

As a mother, (and I need to see the receipts on that one), and sister, how does she not see a problem in referring to women as “b--ches” and “tricks”? Does she get a pass for being domineering and crass whenever her alter-ego Sasha Fierce decides to resurface?

2.
Wearing my Royal Corset
 Beyonce' has referred to herself as a feminist at times. She said: “I think I am a feminist in a way. It’s not something I consciously decided I was going to be; perhaps it’s because I grew up in a singing group with other women, and that was so helpful to me. It kept me out of so much trouble and out of bad relationships." She went on to promote solidarity with other women: "I love being a woman and I love being a friend to other women. I think we learn a lot from our female friends – female friendship is very, very important. It’s good to support each other and I do try to put that message in my music.”

There are times when Beyonce' boldly lives up to these words. She does it whenever she makes arguments for women having financial autonomy, appreciating their unique body type, and relishing in the joys of motherhood. Basically when it suits her.

However, there are also times when the pride that Beyonce takes in being “Queen B” and “Mrs. Carter” overshadows her efforts to affirm other women. The “Survivor” and “Independent Women” singer should remember that you’re either committed to female empowerment or you’re bowing down to patriarchy. The thing that the person that she is pretending to emulate, Elizabeth I, was against in the 40 years of her reign. Because feminism and the fight for women’s rights are not part-time jobs that you can clock in and out of. They're a way of life. It's time to stop with the hypocrisy and just be the cocky asshole you really are, not the controlled pristine child of destiny.  In addition to being crazy, uneducated and having multiple personalities who needs to get an updated look. 

beyonce31
And I'm Still Boring...
For those who look to celebrities as role models or pattern yourselves for anything other than drag characters, nothing they do should be believed and everything should be taken only at face value. All the protestations from Oprah that they are the kindest, down to earth person, trust and believe, Sophia is lying. When you see them on tv begging for money to help the little earthquake victims, tsunami victims, or some other victim of something, just keep in mind, it's all for their Q rating. How do I know? There are still people suffering in Cuba, Japan, the Eastern Sea board and in New Orleans...we get a concert, a message about sending a text for $10, and then we move on. 

Since 4 basically flopped, this is nothing but a marketing ploy to get people to talk about her, since we don't have the election to talk about, her elementary school level book reports, and she can't instagram naked photos of herself. 

If this is Beyonce keeping it real, then she keeping it real stupid. 

No comments: