Monday, May 7, 2012

Beyonce Wins Journalism Award?!

English and Journalism Majors, the end has come...

Beyonce Fire Breather

It seems that the planet has spun off it's axis and it's opposite day... Beyonce, Driving Ms. Lacefront, will be honored by the New York Association of Black Journalists on May 15. Back in July 2011, Beyonce wrote a cover story for Essence magazine where she shared details of her spiritual and creative journey around the world during her 9 month hiatus. In the issue, she wrote about making time to relax and take time for herself, her family, getting away from the hype of it all and having a “regular” life as well as her mom being her hero:

Here is an excerpt from the Diva and someone else:

"My mother taught me the principles of hard work, setting my own goals and visualizing my future. From my early days with Destiny’s Child, I understood I had to be focused and dedicated if I wanted true success. We were taught we needed a plan and the discipline to execute that plan to the fullest. I strongly believe if you work hard, whatever you want, it will come to you. I know that’s easier said than done but keep trying. Before Destiny’s Child was signed, we were turned down by so many record labels. Then, when I was 13, we were signed but later dropped. On Star Search, we lost and were devastated but we kept on trying.

That never-give-up attitude keeps me committed to helping people realize their potential. In March 2010, I opened a cosmetology school with my mom called The Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at Phoenix House Career Academy in Brooklyn. The academy is for women and men who are in treatment for drug addiction. They are learning skills that will prepare them for their lives after recovery. With support, everyone has a chance to make it.

I looked to my mother for inspiration — after all, she was the one who made me realize I needed some balance. She worked hard, but found time to go on vacations, spend time with me and Solange, go to concerts and dinners. Plus, she always, always looked amazing. I can still hear her stilettos as she walked through the house and smell her perfume."


ima diva
Was this the same person that wrote that laughable letter to the FLOTUS a few weeks ago or was this more than likely ghost written by someone with an actual command of the English language. How did she win an award coveted by black writers who actually write with this letter to Santa that was offered up? As Whitney Houston famously said, "I need to see the receipts, show me the receipts." What is the criteria for this award, who runs this organization and do they meet with nominees beforehand, who else was in the running for this award, how long has this organization be running or is this a pr stunt? A story line about how her mom is the greatest in the world, she did hair, and that you need hard work and dedication to achieve success. It's like she went to a random high school or college graduation and just regurgitated back the lines of the keynote speaker. If Essence magazine wanted to kiss her padded cheeks and just honor her or thank her for being the most bootylicious person on the planet that's one thing, but to give an award that people that can actually write to a person that barely writes on a fifth grade level is just loco. This tells kids that all one needs is a butt pad, a leotard, a lace front while popping, dropping and locking and you too can win accolades reserved for those that actually went to school, worked hard on their craft and had tons of red ink criticizing their work.


SO... just so we understand, Beyowulf writes a basic letter about her childhood and "what I did last summer", and her taking a break for a year, and that’s award worthy? How many people have written letters in Essence magazine and never won any awards. I’m convinced bey just gets things handed to her just because. First it was the billboard award for being in the biz 15 years, and now its this journalism awards. People just make up awards for Beyonce. To add insult to injury, this isn't a new story, it's the same b.s. she has told us, rather inarticulately I might add, for the last 15 years. Someone who doesn't write her own songs, because she steals them and gets sued, is now a journalist. I won a science fair in 6th grade, doesn't make me a scientist, but Beyonce pens a ghost written story and she is a journalist.


Beyonce' may have so called "earned" her Grammy's, AMA's, etc...but an Oscar, Golden Globe or journalism award shouldn't be awarded unless the category is best attempt.
beyonce ugly
Oscar look out!
 Congrats Beyowulf for beating out your competition:: A monkey, a pack of Milky Way weave and a hometown cow .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why wasn't this publicized? I know, because the real journalist would have been coming out of the woodwork. Come on, a journalist award, now I have heard everything.